Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Field Communications Manager
Date of issue: 24th Sept 2021
Deadline for application: 13th Oct 2021
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Length of contract: One year, renewable based on performance
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF Kenya is looking to fill the position of an Intersectional Field Communications Manager (FCM), based in Nairobi but with frequent field visits to the projects in and outside Nairobi. The successful candidate will report to the Heads of Missions and support six projects in Kenya. He/she will work in close collaboration with the communications department of the East Africa Section (EAS) according to the validated Kenya Country Communications Framework (CCF).
Objective of the Position:
The FCM will define, implement, coordinate and supervise all operational communication activities and strategies, according to MSF standards in Kenya. She/he will build MSF’s visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country.
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Define the Communications Strategy and Objectives:
- Define the Kenya CCF annually and monitor results through relevant indicators
- Provide communications advice on public positioning and remain reactive to emergency communications needs
- Contribute to the media landscape; social media mapping and organize media events
- Organize media/communications trainings and briefings with MSF staff in the missions
- Act as spokesperson when appropriate and approved
Content Production and Management:
- Create communication packages
- Track and archive communications production in the country to build institutional memory
- Produce or supervise the production of content, including leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, newsletter, articles, photos, videos
- Actively promote the diffusion of MSF content in the country and on international MSF platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Manage, develop and supervise staff under his/her responsibility
Reporting and Communication:
- Produce regular reports with achievements, challenges, and priorities
- Produce and manage yearly communications budget to support the identified and agreed communications priorities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Humanitarian Affairs, Political Sciences or related Course
- At least four years of relevant experience in communications, journalism or public relations
- Experience in producing Communications content
- Proven ability to Supervise, lead and manage multidisciplinary teams
- Desirable previous experience working with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Fluent in English and Swahili, written and spoken; command of other local languages desirable
- Basic audiovisual production skills (photo and video)
- Commitment to MSF’s work and values; willingness to work in various contexts
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Strategic and Results oriented, teamplayer, flexible, culturally sensitive
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills with ability to train others
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 13th Oct 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention on the subject line “Intersectional Field Communications Manager”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.