Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As a member of the Practical Action Consulting, the role will be providing support to the delivery of Practical Action’s energy strategy for the East Africa regional office. The role will primarily deliver impact for Practical Action through the consulting approach of technical assistance delivery.
The role will support PA Regional Leadership in the development of PA energy work in the region, including consulting assignments, managing energy access projects, providing technical input to Practical Action’s projects in the region, contributing to secure new work, building the network of associates, line-managing staff and facilitating joint working with Practical Action’s other regional and country offices in Africa and UK. As a member of the Practical Action global energy team the role will contribute to development of PA’s energy thematic work worldwide
The main responsibilities of the Senior Energy Advisor will include but not limited to the following:
Project Development and Resource mobilisation (20%):
- Develop high quality Concept Notes, Expressions of Interests and Proposals to win new energy assignments in the relevant region (often to very tight deadlines). This will involve:
- Identifying and reviewing opportunities
- Leading and coordinating proposal development activities
Project implementation and quality (60%):
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of long-term and short term energy assignments in the region in close collaboration with PA UK, other PA regional offices, external partner organizations and consultants.
- Be responsible for all aspects of assigned projects including technical inputs, budget and contract management, client relationships’ partner coordination/facilitation, production of reports/knowledge products and team management (with responsibility for other project team members’ inputs; developing TORs, ensuring timely delivery, and quality assurance of subcontractors and Practical Action staff).
- Review reports prepared by project team members and associates before delivery to the client to ensure that they are of a high quality and meet the client’s requirements.
- Ensure that all project management functions are completed in a timely and quality manner, including implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Liaison, Networking and knowledge (10%):
- Represent Practical Action at international meetings and events, particularly those which will support PA’s influencing strategy, raise PA’s profile and generate networks and contacts in the energy and development sector.
- Author and commission articles for publication in international media and journals based on a synthesis of project experience
- Build and maintain relationships with regional associate energy consultants to enable PA to effectively deliver assignments in the region.
Strategic Alignment (10%):
- Provide thought leadership to the energy change ambition of the regional office
- Provide strategic support to the Regional Leadership
- Support the development of the energy team and manage one or more Energy Advisors.
To be successful in the role, you will be a graduate with a Master’s degree in renewable energy, economics electrical engineering, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline. Working experience of 8 -10 years in the power sector; preferably with focus on transmission planning, data and/or modelling or operations, and power sector policy and regulation is required. Sound knowledge and experience of off-grid energy access technologies, preferably around mini-grids and solar home systems is essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including an updated CV with a cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th October 2021 indicating ‘Senior Energy Advisor – PAC’ on the email subject line.
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.