Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Kenya in its Strategic Note 2019-2022 in line UNDAF and Kenya vision 2030 in supporting national priorities on Gender Equality and Women’s’ empowerment among other normative frameworks, as well as the follow-up and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides coherent support to Government, Parliament, Academia, indigenous and women´s organizations, justice system and UN entities, through providing upstream policy and programme advise, promoting a human rights-based approach to achieve sustainable development, improving national systems, sharing of good practices and lessons learned, strengthening normative and operational linkages, and promoting South-South cooperation. In this mandate, the role of UN Women Kenya is key in ensuring that the above are achieved.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the DG Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of DG programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of AWPs, programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds.
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches, and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to Local Project Appraisal Committee (LPAC) meetings, preparation and review of required documents and follow-ups with programme teams for timely disbursements to partners
- Follow-up with programme teams on their timely participation and provision of inputs in different coordination meetings, and file reports accordingly
- Support track GEWE related international celebrations to alert communications and coordination colleagues ahead of time
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the DG Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms.
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants, as delegated.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Review to ensure all documents submitted for approval (SSAs, procurement, Tas, agreements etc.) are in line with agreed checklists
- Provide administrative support to the DG Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the unit Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Support track donor reporting deadlines, AWP, procurement plans, mid-term, and annual reviews
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Support in tracking all follow-ups required on resource mobilizations and partnership opportunities
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality logistical and administrative support to implementation of Programme/Portfolio/activities against set workplans, timelines and budgets in line with the Strategic Note
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for Kenya office management and donor purposes.
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files.
- Quality and timely support to programme team
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of Programme management.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Good financial and budgeting skills.
- Good IT skills
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or Programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies and or donors is an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How To Apply