Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Result of Service
1. The CCM Unit assigned GCF readiness and preparatory support project and other mitigation GCF projects are developed with high quality and submitted to the GCF in a timely manner.
2. Interim Progress Reports and Completion reports are submitted in a timely manner.
3. The CCM Unit GCF tracking tool is always up to date and enhanced to provide quarterly management reports.
Work Location: Home-Based
Expected duration: 12 months of work over a 12 month period, starting December 2021 and ending on November 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
A consultant’s assistance is needed to provide technical oversight to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) portfolio of Climate Change Mitigation related projects, both on-going and potential new readiness projects and upcoming mitigation projects (including Approval Processes Projects (SAP)). This will involve providing technical guidance to project development and implementation in the areas of climate finance, energy efficiency, renewable energy, electric mobility, and other mitigation areas.
The work includes revising GCF project documents that will be submitted to UNEP project review committees and GCF Secretariat and addressing comments from review processes until approval. During implementation, the work entails providing technical guidance in the implementation of projects when relevant, coordinating the Interim Progress Reports twice per year and reviewing completion reports. The assignment also includes , liaising with the GCF-Coordination Office and project teams, preparing and updating project management tracking tool for the overall UNEP’s GCF Mitigation portfolio (on-going and potential projects), as well as the Readiness info notes when required. This consultancy will be home-based.
The consultant will report to the GCF Portfolio Manager, Climate Change Mitigation Unit.
The Specific tasks and responsibilities for the consultant are:
- Prepare project management tracking tool for the overall UNEP’s GCF Mitigation portfolio
- Continuously update project management tracking tool
- Upload useful documentation on UNEP’s sharepoint
- Prepare “Readiness info notes” for the UNEP’s teams if required
- Review incoming Readiness proposals and preparing GCF concept note revise committee checklists, thus ensuring its alignment to the GCF’s and UNEP’s Coordination Office requirements;
- Prepare Review Committee checklists for incoming Readiness proposals
- Liaise with the GCF Coordination Office staff and participate in coordination calls if required
- Ensure continuous communication with UNEP’s project teams during the internal review process
- Review incoming interim progress/completion reports
- Make all the necessary preparations for the upcoming January GCF’s mandatory reporting deadline
- Liaise with teams, communicate the guidelines for the reporting
- Update the reporting tab of the Readiness project management tool
- Review and revise interim progress/completion reports as per GCF and UNEP’s requirements
- Attend the virtual meetings with the GCF-Coordination Office at UNEP
- Participate to coordination meetings with the GCF-Coordination Office
Advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Economic, Environmental Policy or in a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in working with managing and developing international environmental projects, focused on Climate Change Mitigation is required.
- Ability to organizing processes, reviewing documents and providing comments consistent with organisation’s rules/requirements including attention to detail is required.
- Ability to review critically project design and revision/drafting of project concepts and documents, and project progress reports; work plans and budgets is required.
- Experience in managing submission process and reviewing documents for the Green Climate Fund or a similar fund is required.
- Experience in working with developing countries and/or international organizations is desired.
- Knowledge of GHG emissions calculations is desired.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is a requirement. Fluency in oral and written Spanish and/or French is desirable.
How To Apply
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.