Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the programme Officer (mobile money transfers), and the overall supervision of the Transfer Management Team Leader, the Programme Associate will be responsible for the following duties
- Offer adequate support to WFP Area offices and Cooperating Partners to ensure good quality registration data in SCOPE in line with mobile money transfer requirements.
- Strengthen the capacity of WFP and CP staff in implementing mobile money transfer programmes
- Receive mobile money validation files from Transfers Management Team (TMT) focal points and submit these to supervisor for onward transmission to Mobile money Financial service providers for validation purposes
- Coordinate with SCOPE IT and TMT focal points in providing the original SCOPE generated enrolment files to enable payment instrument (mobile number) verification/validation
- Coordinate with TMT focal points to receive SCOPE generated Payment Advice Files (PAFs) for mobile money transfers
- Crosscheck that all received PAFs are in the correct formats, edited and renamed according to each of the 3 WFP Somalia Mobile Money FSP portal requirements
- Crosscheck all PAFs to avoid duplicate transfers
- Liaise with CP unit Focal Points and Finance teams to ensure funds for mobile money transfers are advanced to Financial service providers timely
- Coordinate with CP unit and Finance to ensure reconcilliation of all mobile money interventions
- Participate in coordination meetings with mobile money Financial service providers to discuss and document best practices, challenges and way forwrad
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
Education: Completion of secondary School Education. A post – secondary certificate in one or more of the following disciplines: Development Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Social Sciences, or any other field relevant to International development Assistance is desirable.
Experience:One or more years’ experience in cash based programme implementation and monitoring
Language:Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in delivery of cash-based interventions;
- Ability to write quality reports and policy documents;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge and experience of the use of SCOPE is desirable
- Understanding of mobile money transfer programming in humanitarian context is desirable
- Ability and willingness of frequent travel and stay in the field (Somalia)
- Experience in collaborating across functional units and externally with cooperating partner entities;
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems;
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing area of work.
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment
Closing Date: 11th October 2021.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.