Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
– A credit professional responsible for credit risk structuring of transactions and sanctioning covering multiple industry sectors. The role holder will have specific responsibilities for a range of Business Banking customers (typically, with credit exposures of Kes 50 million and less).
– Support the Corporate Credit team in providing credit input to Absa Kenya, delivering a World-Class Credit service and contributing towards achievement of the teams risk and business objectives.
– Ensuring the optimal quality of the credit portfolio by application of best practice in decision-making, to a maximum personal lending discretion.
Accountability: Credit Risk Management – Time Split: 60-70%
- Ensure the highest standard of credit quality through the structure, sanctioning, monitoring and control of credit applications. Maintenance of these standards both personally and as part of the Corporate Credit Team.
- Sole lending discretion, DG linked up to a maximum of Kes 50 million (depending on personal experience/accreditation).
- Exercise judgement and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of higher risk classification credit proposals.
- Provide feeds into business and credit policy development, where appropriate.
- Provide feeds into credit process development, where appropriate.
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of business and credit policies and processes.
- Responsibility for personal adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring own conformance to policy and procedures within the Corporate Credit Function, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Maintain interactive relationship with other risk functions and Conformance Team.
- Advise on risk reward and challenge pricing where appropriate
Accountability: Business Risk Partnership – Time Split: 20-30%
- Deliver service in line with agreed business needs.
- Work in partnership with Country colleagues and proactively anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Work with Country colleagues, providing post application based coaching and discussion, where appropriate to ensure effective development and delivery of bespoke Risk solutions for customers.
- Proactively contribute to embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements, cost reductions and development of people.
- Contribute towards the Team operating within cost budgets making recommendations for ‘working smarter’.
Accountability: Staff Management – Time Split: 10-20%
- Support the Team Leaders in delivering effective performance development for individuals within the team.
- Drive proactive application of Barclays Behaviors both personally and throughout the team and coach and support colleagues within the Team.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date: 2021-10-06