Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
– Responsible for recruiting and maintaining a portfolio of premier clients, by selling a high quality, relationship
oriented, financial planning service, supported by a dedicated Account Executive. Clients are recruited from the
existing Bank customer base and externally with the aim of developing significant sales, and high levels of client
satisfaction through a mutually beneficial relationship.
– The client relationship is managed on a highly proactive and ongoing basis over an extended period. Whilst part of a
team, the jobholder operates on a mobile basis, meeting clients at times and locations convenient to the client
Relationship Management and Cross-Sell 85%
- Be the first point of contact of customers in the portfolio
- Drive any required communication to customers in the portfolio
- Proactively target and recruit clients, through referrals from existing customer portfolios
- Proactively engage customers in existing portfolios to onboard close family members as part the family banking strategy
- Ensure new customer’s meet CLM Involved measures upon handover from the Premier Acquisition team. Involved tracking will commence from Day 31 to Day 90 and will ensure continued account funding, digital usage and product holding
- Complete a detailed Customer Discussion Document for new customers upon hand-over from the Premier Acquisition team
- Ensure the customer portfolio meets CLM Engaged measures – account funding, digital usage and product holding
- Drive increased assets balance sheet per customer, liabilities balance sheet per customer and revenue per customer through continued customer engagements
- Monitor and ensure funding of Zero Balance Accounts, Low Funded Accounts, Inactive Accounts and Overdrawn Accounts in your portfolio as part of ensuring funding growth.
- Ensure ongoing reviews of the Customer Discussion Document for each customer in the portfolio and drive satisfaction through proactive identification of identified clients’ ongoing financial needs and cross-sale of required solutions.
- Actively drive cross-sale targets for the portfolio across product lines – Assets, Liabilities, FX etc.
- Proactive engagement of required business specialists to support the fulfillment of customer needs
- Manage the client portfolio, making proactive contact on a regular basis and meeting clients at their convenience, and maintain an updated calendar/diary to track customer meetings Ensure customers in the portfolio are contacted/engaged as per the laid down Premier Customer Engagement procedures
Business Management 15%
- Ensure that targeted level of business results (i.e. income, balance sheet, costs, client satisfaction and client recruitment) for jobholder’s own portfolio are maintained
- Review portfolio on a regular basis recommending clients
- Adhere to standards, legal and regulatory, in accordance with the Absa Premier guidelines and Head Office instructions
Risk and Controls
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Technical skills / Competencies
- People Management
- Communication and Presentation
- Business awareness
- Business management
- Performance management
- Resource management
- Relationship management
- Team building
- P C skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the full range of Barclays Africa retail product set and service and an overview of corporate and small business services
- In-depth understanding of technical support systems e.g. Flex, BOC, IBOC Detailed understanding of the retail network business processes and operating procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of operating instructions and audit requirements.
- Good understanding of Absa Africa risk policy
- Awareness of Absa Africa retail strategy, operating structures and interfaces
- Knowledge of Absa Africa people policy and procedures
- Understanding of the local competitor market.
- Team leader experience
- Circa 2 years team leader experience
- Record of achievement in a sales and service environment
- Experience of handling customer complaints
- Previous experience of handling operational risk issues
- Previous roles could include
- Personal banker team leader
- Prestige team leader
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date: 2021-10-06