Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Applications are invited for the following post in the Ministry of Defence:
ARTISAN III (FITTER GENERAL) – CSG 15 – FIFTEEN (15) POSTS (Advert no. 17/2021)
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
- fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments.
- fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines
- applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ Plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate award by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Having NYS certificates will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates.
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary’s office-
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 18th October, 2021.