Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Remote with frequent travel to Mombasa
Urban water infrastructure systems are failing the inhabitants of rapidly growing low and middle-income cities around the world with unreliable water supply and unsafe water quality. Informal private water vendors fill this gap but the service comes at a high social cost: exploitative prices, poor water quality, and use of unsustainable water sources. Powwater’s solution is meant to disrupt these market dynamics to make the water purchasing experience more reliable, affordable, and transparent.
About the role
Powwater is looking for a full time backend engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing the server side structure of our suite of products which include but are not limited to mobile and web applications and APIs.
- Participate in ideation and brainstorm sessions for our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into technical solutions.
- Design and implement APIs, services and general system architecture for our products
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Server side optimization and maintenance to improve product performance and reduce downtime
- Work with frontend engineers to ensure proper implementation of endpoints
- Work with the data engineers to ensure database stability, reliability and availability
- Integrate into external APIs to improve the functionality of our products
- At least 3 years experience as a backend developer
- Proficiency in Node JS and at least 1 of the following programming languages: R, Java, Python, PHP
- Experience working with navigation APIs, payment APIs
- Knowledge of Postgresql or any other database systems
- Previous experience working in a startup environment preferred but not required
- Experience with Firebase and Google Cloud Platform
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com stating why you think we’re lost without you with your CV/Resume attached.