Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department of Haematology and Oncology
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, http://www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff.
The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery.
Currently the University offers fellowship programmes in the following specialties: Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology.
The position holder will be responsible for Initiating and maintaining accurate and current data on participants enrolled in clinical trials. The incumbent will report to the Manager, Research.
- Collect clinical trial subject data and ensure all current source documents are available
- Complete Electronic Data Systems (EDCs) or Case Report Forms (CRFs) for appropriate data documentation within the timelines specified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), or as agreed upon.
- Capture all record deficiencies in all patient and participants file documentation for internal and external review
- Provide records to Sponsors/representatives, internal reviewers, Regulatory Authorities, and/or Ethics reviewers, as required, and ensure data is accurate and complete for interim monitoring visits and data related deadlines
- Interact with clinical trial monitors to provide accurate CRFs and complete corrections as appropriate
- Harmonize files from audit/monitoring results and correct errors with relevant personnel
- Review participant charts to collect required data for reporting purposes and to ensure compliance with study protocol
- Maintain and quality check clinical trial study/data statuses and participant information in the clinical research database, accurately and timely
- Generate data queries to clinical nurses/coordinators for clarification of data and ensure resolution
- Collect, compile, review, and/or analyze cancer patient data using NCI-KE (or equivalent) tools, as needed
- Support colleague’s in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and research standards
- Ensure digital data base and archives are protected from security breaches and data loses
- Collaborate with research and standard of care staff in review of randomly selected files for quality assurance purposes
- Create, ensure, and update processes for data management at CRU, Cancer Center, and/or Department of Haematology/Oncology
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology or any related field from a recognized Institution
- At least 3 years work experience in a health facility
- In depth knowledge of medical abbreviations, medical terminologies, human anatomy and physiology. Preferred: knowledge in oncology terminology and medical records experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient planning, typing and organizational skills
- Effective analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics and statistical concepts.
How To Apply