Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Team Leader/ Pharmaceutical Technologist, Main Pharmacy – (210001BY)
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH, N) is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for providing day to day oversight and direction in matters related to specific satellites as well as provide effective and efficient pharmaceutical services like accurate dispensing of all orders/prescriptions as well as educating patients about their medications to meet customer needs. The incumbent will report to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Management of individual satellite/Operating units and supervision including preparing and managing staff duty rota.
- Inventory Management-ensuring inventory management processes and controls are adhered tov as well plan for institutional stock take exercise in liaison with Finance Department
- Performance Management-participate in the development of goals and objectives of the department and allocated staff
- Implementing of Quality related processs-Collect and collate satellite and staff performance, as well as satellite quality data with a view of designing and sharing continual improvement plans
- Ensure implementation of departmental (quality and administrative ) and other relevant procedures e.g HR,FMS
- Dispensing-Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Ensure Nursing Floor inspections are carried out once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind for all the allocated units
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Member of the Kenya Pharmaceutical Association.
- Heart Saver Certificate.
- 2 years in a busy pharmacy, preferably a hospital setting
- Demonstrates supervisory skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent computer/data entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How To Apply