Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department of Pathology
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in Anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery. It also offers fellowship programmes in cardiology, infectious diseases, neonatology and paediatric neurology.
This position will assist in the implementation of an antimicrobial stewardship (AMS) training program for primary care providers in Aga Khan’s outpatient centres and in Penda Health clinics as part of a Pfizer-sponsored grant. The coordinator will work in collaboration with a team of AMS experts at Aga Khan and at the University of Washington to ensure that all elements of the project progress according to a planned timeline and that quality data are obtained.
- Identifying 30 outpatient centers for project implementation and establishing collaborative relationships with leadership at each (15 Aga Khan and 15 Penda Health).
- Overseeing data collection activities in all 30 sites.
- Working with leadership at each site to identify individuals to complete project activities, including participation in data collection.
- Reviewing clinical records and capturing data from clinical records.
- Overseeing AMS training activities, including a pilot of an AMS training e-Learning program.
- Leading weekly team meetings and managing action items and forward progress toward program goals
- Regular review of data and ensuring quality data collection.
- Dissemination of program results, including presentations at conferences and contributing to writing reports for publication
- Manage required expenditures within budgetary requirements
- Maintain compliance with financial, ethical and other requirements
- Write reports for institutional, funder and other appropriate people or institutions
- Organize the activities of the project to keep it on schedule according to the timeline
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years experience in program management or project coordination
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Familiarity with research and data collection
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate collaboration with partners in international time zones.
How To Apply