Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Social Worker to be based in Nyeri County.
Overall Job Function
The Social Worker will offer support in the planning, implementation and evaluation of adherence support activities required for HIV prevention, care and treatment services in the respective health facilities.
- Support the planning, initiation and implementation of the adherence psychosocial support minimum package at the respective health facilities. This will be implemented in the CCC, PMTCT and TB clinics
- Support the coordination of psychosocial support activities targeting adults, adolescents, paediatrics, PMTCT mothers and discordant couples
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of defaulter identification and tracking systems at the respective health facilities using the already approved tools
- Support the CCC in Charge in mentoring the Peer Educators and mentor mothers in adherence psychosocial support and community activities
- Participate in activities that strengthen linkages between the health facility and the community
- Support the planning, implementation and evaluation of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) activities at the health facility
- Identify, document and share key lessons and practices learnt on adherence and psychosocial support from health facilities and the community
- Participate in community mobilisation activities
- Participate in-home visits and home-based care activities
- Support counselling of the clients admitted in the wards
- Ensure there is a functional intra and inter-facility and community referrals
- Support the CCC in charges in integrating WASH activities in HIV programming
- Any other duties which the Supervisor may assign from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Medical Sociology, Sociology, Social Work or Community Development
- Computer Literate (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point)
- Teaching, facilitation, mentoring and counselling skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Good interpersonal, organisational and written/verbal communication skills
- Two years’ work experience as a Social Worker within the health sector.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title: Social Worker: CHSI/SW/02/2021 by 5.00 PM Wednesday, October 06, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions Institute Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.