Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder will be responsible for the development of Life retail sales leadership, setting and management of quality targets and the achievement of sales and business revenue targets. This shall be through the development of assigned markets and channels as a source of profitable business for the company; and development of strong relationships and partnerships.
- Develop strategies aimed at growing sales revenues, improving quality of business and profitability in line with the overarching corporate strategy;
- Align the organizational structure and resources/jobs to support the execution of the strategy. Continually review and re-assess the strategy during the year to make tactical changes;
- Re-align to new developments/opportunities that may arise, set clear tactics, goals and targets to cascade into the regions for implementation of this strategy;
- Lead with Integrity in executing our Retail Strategy in partnership with our Business Development Managers; Sales Force and Support Functions in alignment overall business growth;
- Build and develop a strong mentorship and coaching culture within our Retail Sales Channel and lead from the front in providing support to our Sales Force;
- Ensure sound and activity-based sales culture in line with our growth strategy;
- Drive a strong sales culture within the Tied Agency footprint across the country;
- Drive profitable sales in a multi-channel environment with a key focus on the Co-operative movement and strategic partners;
- Drive digital sales on retail solutions;
- Manage risk and compliance issues and strict adherence to regulatory guidelines within the business;
- Develop annual sales targets cutting across revenues, profitability, manpower and activity rates;
- Manage monthly, weekly and daily activities to achieve set targets;
- Develop sales leadership through recruitment, selection and retention of high caliber Life sales force and agents;
- Drive performance through the implementation and management of clear business process and by cultivating a high-performance culture through incentivizing and motivating them;
- Work in close collaboration with Marketing to align marketing budgets and support to the execution of the Sales Co-ordinate for national initiatives relating to sponsorships, client events, campaigns, competitions, and communication.
- Manage the departmental diary on key events such as market activations, launches, promotions, regular management meetings designed to catalyze
- Annually engage in Product reviews and enhancements or new product features, distribution rates and fees with key feedback from the market and our sales partners;
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department
- Participate in various meeting and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Professional qualifications in Insurance – AIIK/LOMA/ACII is mandatory
- Professional qualifications in Marketing – CIM/Diploma in Sales or Marketing is an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at senior managerial
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic Decision Making
- Directing and Influencing
- Results Driven
- Leadership skill
- Understanding the work environment / competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- In-depth knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. Strictly apply through: Liferecruitment@cic.co.ke clearly indicating the position being applied for e.g. HEAD – RETAIL SALES
The application should reach us by close of business on 6th October 2021. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st October 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This Job Advert is open to both Internal and External Candidates