Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CLASP serves at the epicenter of collaborative, ambitious efforts to mitigate climate change and in the global movement for clean energy access, through appliance efficiency. CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & amp; equipment used everyday, accelerating the transition to a more sustainable world. CLASP works hand-in-hand with governments, experts, industry, consumers, donor organizations and others to propel policies and markets toward the highest-quality, lowest resource-intensive appliances possible.
CLASP has worked in more than 100 countries since its inception in 1999. CLASP is headquartered in Washington, DC, with teams in Europe, Kenya, India and Indonesia. CLASP is mission-driven and committed to a culture of diversity, transparency, collaboration, and impactful work. To know more about CLASP, please head to their team page.
About the role | Communications Associate
CLASP is seeking a creative, poised, and detail-oriented professional to support our Clean Energy Access communications efforts. CLASP’s Clean Energy Access team works in partnership with stakeholders across Africa and South Asia to improve markets for energy efficient, high-quality appliances, both on and off the grid. Our team provides world-class technical and advisory services aimed at developing global off-grid appliance markets.
The Associate will primarily support communications for the Efficiency for Access Coalition and the Global LEAP Awards. Efficiency for Access is a global coalition working to promote high performing appliances that contribute to clean energy access for the world’s poorest people. The Global LEAP Awards is an international competition to identify and promote the world’s best off- grid appliances, accelerating market development and innovation.
The Associate will be responsible for a variety of internal and external communications functions, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting and communicating research: CLASP produces a significant body of market, technical, and impact research. The successful candidate will support CLASP’s research team in conducting research, as well as drafting, packaging, and messaging their reports for specific audiences through newsletters, website stories or blogs, and presentations. The Associate will collaborate closely across the communications team to ensure that relevant research is shared and publicized with the media and international partners and through social media, as is appropriate and in line with organizational priorities.
- Digital Media: CLASP’s communication strategy emphasizes communicating with stakeholders in digital format. The successful candidate will have fluency in and be able to lead work using Twitter and LinkedIn to publicize CLASP’s work and engage stakeholders via social media. Fluency in InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, and related programs to create graphics, reports, and factsheets to support CLASP’s work is also desired.
- Proposal Development and Donor Reporting: CLASP team engages in fundraising to be able to lead a dynamic research agenda to support their cutting-edge work, ensuring that their programs have meaningful impact. CLASP is committed to and believe in the work that CLASP is doing, so the CLASP team fundraises a lot, and everyone is involved. The Associate will have an important role to play in helping CLASP to do this more effectively. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail to help CLASP generate quality reports.
- Stories and Case Studies: CLASP is working on cutting edge projects, and wants people to know about it. CLASP teams require support with turning technical information into compelling stories through writing articles and case studies for a variety of audiences, including the CLASP Board, donors, international agencies, policymakers, and partner organizations.
- Sector Communications: CLASP facilitates sector communications as part of its core work. CLASP tells people about what it does through newsletters, presentations, and other written correspondence. The successful candidate will evaluate and revise materials to ensure quality and accuracy and support communications with a range of international stakeholders.
- Natural Collaborator and Relationship Builder: The successful candidate must be able to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of professionals. CLASP collaborates often with graphic designers, copy editors, photo editors, other communications and fundraising consultants and CLASP’s program teams to ensure quality, accurate, and timely knowledge exchange. The Associate will contribute to our productive partnerships both inside and outside of the organization.
CLASP is a fast-paced, international, and highly collegial work environment. The right candidate will be able to move creatively and strategically from idea to implementation, must know how to prioritize and re-prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, move between the small details and the big picture with skill, bring well-honed listening and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to filter many streams of information for the best process or end product.
Does this sound like you?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves)
- Minimum 2-4 years of communications experience. Experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, agricultural, public health, scientific, academic or analogous sectors preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Persuasive and excellent written communication skills.
- Experience with scientific and technical information related to clean energy sector.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- Proficiency in various communication management systems and applications like content management systems, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite and/or Canva.
- Practical global exposure.
- Multi-lingual: English and Kiswahili, French or another African language is a bonus.
- Work experience in the clean energy access sector.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- Genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Team player and highly reliable.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
How To Apply
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Each person is evaluated based on personal skill and merit.