Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Type : Permanent
Job Category : Legal
Closing Date : October 15th, 2021
Location : Nairobi
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, FinTech, and hospitality.
The company is looking to employ an energetic, passionate, creative and hardworking individual looking to join the team as a Legal Assistant.
- Advising on all matters regarding the law; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting various areas of the company’s operations;
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions;
- Developing and carrying out Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business;
- Designing commercial and legal solutions that lead to effective corporate structures;
- Developing and maintaining various policies, procedures and registers whilst carrying out other corporate secretarial functions;
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Liaising with external lawyers on conduct of court matters
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Second Class Upper Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University;
- A recently admitted advocate of the High Court of Kenya with good standing;
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school;
- At least 1-year experience in a busy law firm or company;
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the corporate, commercial investments, real estate and financial markets (including tax), and the respective Laws and regulations;
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent organisation, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure; and
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
Contract drafting and Management; Legal Compliance; Corporate transactional support and administration; Corporate Secretarial tasks and Litigation.
How To Apply