Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health system solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP in Kenya, at both the national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the position of Capacity Building Advisor.
About the Project: Monitoring and Evaluation & Strategic Information Systems (MESIS) Project is a project led by Health Strat in partnership with the National and AIDS STI Control Program (NASCOP) through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The project supports enhancing strategic information capacity for HIV/AIDS programs towards sustaining epidemic control in Kenya through monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data science.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Project Director, the Capacity Building Advisor will be expected to provide technical assistance to the Kenya Ministry of Health (MOH) in developing capacity building innovations for training Health Care Workers in Kenya on Strategic Information for HIV program.
S/he will develop an overall capacity building strategy for the project. The main roles for this position will include: capacity gaps diagnosis, lead the development and delivery of training courses for building capacity of Health care workers in Kenya on Strategic Information for HIV, within the broad themes of Monitoring and Evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify HIV Strategic Information capacity needs and (or) gaps among health workforce in Kenya (in public and private health facilities).
- Build consensus on the identified capacity gaps with the MOH and partners and develop an overall sustainable capacity building strategy.
- Constitute content matter experts from MOH and partners to jointly develop curricular for e-learning courses.
- In collaboration with the content matter experts, develop training curricular that responds to the needs and gaps.
- Coordinate improvement activities on the e-Learning platform in collaboration with the e-Learning coordinator and UoN LMS team.
- Collaborate with the eLearning instructional designer to guide content conversion.
- Set up the e-Learning courses on the Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment (MOODLE) Learning Management System (LMS) including learner instructions, tutor guidance, practical sessions, quizzes, surveys, discussion forums and all learning activities.
- Design course dissemination messages.
- Support the MOH through NASCOP to disseminate the courses to HCWs throughout the country.
- Recruit learners into the courses and supporting them through the learning activities.
- Provide oversight for the interoperability of the Learning management system with the NASCOP certificate issuing platform, bulk SMS service, and social media support.
- Train a pool of e-champs and online training facilitators to support the HCWs on the courses.
- Supervise the e-learning coordinator and other e-learning team members.
- Monitor the learning activities and establish a quality assurance mechanism for the courses.
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation as well as reports of training and e-learning activities and results to the project and donor.
- Develop and draft e-learning work plans, budgets, reports, and other documentation as needed.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Health, Social Science or its equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience providing capacity building support through training.
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing capacity development programs including development of learning courses, dissemination of learning products, training assistance materials, needs assessment and other capacity development products.
- At least 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following: online instructional design and deployment, technical writing and /or working with a learning management system preferably MOODLE.
- At least 3 years of project management and/or supervisory experience.
- High level understanding of AICC and SCORM and experience preparing content for LMSs.
- Experience with relevant software such as HTML5, MS SharePoint, Java Script Flash/Action Script as well as graphical design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Publication experience will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Adobe packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with diverse and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather data, compile, analyze information and write reports
- Excellent critical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria above should send a cover letter detailing their suitability, a copy of their CV and contact information (name, email address and telephone) for three referees to email@example.com by 5pm EAT on October 12, 2021.
Applicants are required to include the position title they are applying for on the subject line of the email.
Incomplete applications and applications received after specified deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.