Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health system solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP in Kenya, at both the national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
About the Project: Monitoring and Evaluation & Strategic Information Systems (MESIS) Project is a project led by Health Strat in partnership with the National and AIDS STI Control Program (NASCOP) through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The project supports enhancing strategic information capacity for HIV/AIDS programs towards sustaining epidemic control in Kenya through monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data science.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior M&E Officer, the M&E Officer will carry out strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
S/he will support efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and support NASCOP through Strategic Information Research and Implementation science (SIRI) team and CDC to monitor, document and analyze the performance of
HIV/TB services and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other project reports.
- Support data analysis on KHIS and/or 3PM, DREAMS Database and DATIM HIV program data and preparation of relevant reports for various stakeholder dissemination
- Support the Capacity Building Advisor and e-Learning coordinator in the development of e-learning materials, job aids, tool kits and standard operating procedures for HIV M&E courses.
- Support development of standardized training content for HIV M&E related courses including training materials, curriculum, and documentation of training activities.
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to SIRI, County Health Management Teams, CDC funded Implementing partners and build their capacity on data demand and information use for decision making.
- In collaboration with NASCOP and other SI stakeholders, participate in field visits for data verification, support supervision and data quality assessments/improvement
- Support the SI Advisor and Evaluation Advisor to maintain the overall framework for project M&E.
- Provide support in the preparation of the NASCOP SIRI work plans and Strategic Plan
- Participate in the annual MOH-PEPFAR data/indicator alignment activity.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, medicine, Public Health or related field will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics/Statistics/Health Records and Information/ Public Health Informatics/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- Training on DHIS-2 and/or other relevant open source software used for HIV/TB data management.
- Training on M&E and Data Analytics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Experience providing M&E support for HIV/TB.
- Demonstrable experience with DHIS-2, DREAMS M&E, DATIM, 3PM and other HIV/TB data management and reporting platforms.
- Proven experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing statistical analysis plans while adhering to statistical principles
- Demonstrated ability on manipulation, analysis and visualization of quality data for decision making using software packages such as STATA, R, Power BI, GIS etc. and writing the related technical analytical reports to support decision making.
- Demonstrated ability on designing and maintaining data collection tools in mobile platforms e.g. ODK Collect and KOBO Collect
- Strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders
- Computer skills: Hands on competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the criteria above should send a cover letter detailing their suitability, a copy of their CV and contact information (name, email address and telephone) for three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EAT on October 12, 2021.
Applicants are required to include the position title they are applying for on the subject line of the email.
Incomplete applications and applications received after specified deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.