Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
REPORTING TO: FINANCE DIRECTOR
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
We are looking for a results driven and confident financial controller to manage and direct our finance and accounting department. Expectation is one with strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a financial controller aiming to aid us to achieve and maintain positive revenue and financial growth.
Should be one who is capable to streamline the accounting and finance functions, provide financial analysis and reports, promote regulatory compliance as well as drive income generation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight day to day finance operations with a view of maintaining proper books of accounts.
- Lead in annual budgeting, forecasts and necessary analysis to inform management of long term direction.
- Treasury operations.
- Managing the preparation of timely end-month, quarterly and yearly accounts.
- Preparation of statutory financial reports.
- Working Capital management (debtors / creditors / banks) – credit policies and controls.
- Tax compliance.
- Asset management.
- Stock accounting.
- System lead – in particular all projects that impact the organization and financial wealth.
- Direct liaison with auditors for timely completion of audit.
- Approval of all critical input in the system including credit limits and terms.
- Policy and procedure lead.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Business.
- MBA would be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) / ACCA Certification and accounting professional body member.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills on Google; Accounting and Reporting Softwares and Databases.
- Experience in systems development and process design.
- Experience in supervision of a diverse team.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and investors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environments.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
How To Apply