Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: SENIOR DIRECTOR, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION – 1 POST
STATION: AMPATH CENTRE ELDORET
JOB GROUP: RS 16
The Academic Model Providing Access To Healthcare (AMPATH) People centered, Leadership, Universal access, Sustainability (PLUS)-AMPATHPlus is a USAID funded project under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) and Moi University whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to health care. In addition to the MTRH site, Ai\&ATH also supports the Departments of Health in Uasin Gishu, West Pokot, Trans Nzoia, Elgeyo Marakwet.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the successful candidate will oversee its Finance and Administration department which includes Finance, Procurement to include forecast, budget, and monitor actual expenditure. He/she will be expected to design, prepare, and present detailed budgets, analysis of expenditure trends, bum rates, variance analysis, and recommended solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of business plans, budgets, and rolling He/she will be providing specialist advice. He/she will act as the lead person on all financial matters of the program including banking & treasury management, creating and maintaining a good internal control environment, follow up on internal audit recommendations and manage the external audit process;
- Develop and maintain budgetary control of the program through reporting, analysis, and tracking of variances, efficiencies, utilization, and risks/opportunities to the management in an appropriate format and timely manner;
- Manage subcontractors and report on the cost centre Performance for the Program;
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures to deliver integrity of costs, income, forecasts and budgets and complete all technical accounting tasks in line with major donor regulations especially US Government donors;
- Prepare timely Financial Reports to the donor, MTRH, and MU as per the
- Give administrative guidance for all project’s application, negotiations of awards, post- management and Project closeout;
- Supervise and appraise the performance of the Finance and Administration senior staff and ensure that staff provide correct and timely reports;
- Attending and participating in Performance of the Finance and Administration Heads of Department and general staff meetings in order to provide timely updates and issues;
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Economics or any relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor degree in Business related course (finance or accounting option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be a CPA (K)/ACCA registered member of ICPAK, with a valid/current practice license in good standing;
- Be a member of Certified Public Secretaries ( ICPSK) in good standing;
- 10 years progressive experience in a senior Management position working in a donor funded environment and financial regulations ;
- Past experience in a USG will be an added advantage;
- Working Knowledge with Financial Accounting software packages and other ERPs will be added advantage;
- Proven track record of exemplary work performance and team player;
- Should have six (6) Personality traits; Conscientiousness, Adjustment, Curiosity, Risk Approach, Ambiguity Acceptance and Competitiveness;
- Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya; KRA Tax Compliance Certificate, EACC clearance certificate, HELB clearance certificate, Negative CRB listing, and Police Clearance Certificate .
Terms of Employment
The successful candidates will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with competitive salary and allowances. Suitable qualified candidates are requested to submit a copy of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, copies of certificates must be attached, current remuneration, and day time telephone contacts and names of three (3) referees. Candidates are advised to contact their referees for recommendation letters to the undersigned.
How To Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the email address below not later than 12th October, 2021. Applications to be received at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMPATH is an equal opportunity employer. Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.