Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Entity: Aga Khan University, Brain and Mind Institute
Location: Pakistan and/or Kenya
Do you have a passion for vibrant, multimedia communications and want to progress your career towards specialization in topics relating to neuroscience and mental health in low- and middle-income countries? Are you ready to join a dynamic global team seeking to show regional and global leadership in research and the translation of knowledge through implementation science in reaching practical applications in community, clinical, and policymaking settings? Are you driven to produce outstanding communications that will help shape our responses to complex and mounting problems?
The Brain & Mind Institute seeks to build capacity in the domains of mental health and neuroscience. In collaboration with partners, the Institute will advance research leadership capacity and support service delivery across East Africa and South Asia, served by AKU. The Institute supports a hub for scholarship exchange and action on mental health issues, as well as educational, clinical, and community-based programs. BMI’s research focuses on the context of today’s youth in Africa and South Asia, while its programmatic offerings address mental health related issues, such as stigma and resiliency. The Institute develops new curricula integrating behavioral sciences and mental health for AKU’s medical colleges and nursing education. A significant area of interest is the implementation of science-based programing in hospital and community settings that translate new discoveries into prevention and treatment programs.
The Brain and Mind Institute at the Aga Khan University is looking for a dynamic Manager, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement, who is excited by the opportunity to work in the fields of mental health and neuroscience. Working with a team with hubs in Kenya (for East Africa) and Pakistan (for South Asia) and other locations globally, this position offers a career-building opportunity for an aspiring individual. The candidate will preferentially reside in Nairobi (Kenya) and/or Karachi (Pakistan). You will play a leading role to design and deliver all communications-related initiatives of the BMI, working with a wide array of internal and external collaborators and stakeholders. This would include the advancement of an overarching communications strategy for the Institute as well as the production of print and online materials, social media management, email marketing, website management, content development, media relations, press releases, bylined articles, videos, and digital communication collateral.
Working as an integral member of the BMI, you will maintain a direct connection with the Institute’s leadership and provide leadership within AKU’s institutional communication team to deliver communication campaigns that support identified goals and strategies of the Institute.
- Developing and maintaining a customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Event communications and management
- Delivering and tracking institutional communication outputs, outcomes, and impact
- Maintaining and dynamically updating the Institute’s website and Intranet
- Maximizing collaboration, efficiency and creativity in the building and maintenance of the Institute’s network and branding, consistent with AKU’s protocols and institutional identity across all channels
- Developing relevant social media outlets to support and expand the Institute’s digital presence
- Managing the communication’s budget and ensure related milestones are achieved on time and within budget
- Serve as a “change agent” to lead new initiatives as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience, in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline is required
- At least 6 years of experience in communications, with an understanding of media, journalism, and digital marketing
- Experience within large, complex organizations with multiple internal and external stakeholders, especially in a health or health-research institution
- Know-how with digital marketing tools and best practices in managing communications campaigns on social media channels and in other media
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an emphasis on developing from simple copy for digital channels to complex articles for media and journal publications
- Familiarity with the use of content management systems
- Must be able to effectively operate, and manage resources in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Strong self-management, proactivity, and the ability to work independently
- High level of energy and flexibility
- Relationship building with demonstrated interpersonal skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical and conceptual skills essential for effective strategic thinking
How To Apply