Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Team Leader, Safety and Security – (210001E8)
Safety and Security
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high-quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Manager, Safety and Security in the Safety and Security Department.
The Safety and Security Team Leader will coordinate the organization’s safety and security programs to ensure a safe, secure, and healthy working environment.
- Coordinating and managing the safety and security incidences in the hospital to ensure that breaches of safety and security are contained and controlled as well as timely investigations and closure of cases.
- Champion the JCIA implementation of the Safety, Security, and Fire Safety Programs to promote high standards of safety, security, and well-being in the hospital.
- Ensure that proper policies, procedures, and plans are developed, implemented, are up to date, and are in line with the JCIA requirements.
- Ensure that mock drills on safety, fire safety, and security threats are conducted, monitored, documented and corrective actions are taken accordingly.
- Coordinate the compliance of SQE (Staff Qualification and Education) requirements for both the proprietary staff and contracted guards and KAPs according to the JCIA standards.
- Conduct regular and up-to-date safety and security training to both in-house and outsourced staff on various threats related to safety and security.
- Ensure that statutory (fire safety audits) audits are conducted and recommendations implemented accordingly.
- Ensure that all JCIA requirements are implemented in the department
- Response to Safety & Security Emergencies to ensure swift response to all emergencies
- Safety & Security Equipment Servicing and Monitoring: ensure continuous functionality and availability of the safety and security equipment.
- Supervisory Role for proper management and utilization of the workforce: ensure proprietary staff is managed well to optimize their outputs; conduct performance evaluations and annual appraisals for security staff that are timely and constructive; oversee the planning of leaves and offs for the security team; coach, mentor and motivate both the internal and external security staff.
- Provide additional operational support and guidance to both the in-house and outsourced security team; helping in reviewing and updating of job descriptions of the staff; ensure that a sound duty roster is in place for 24/7 coverage of the hospital.
- Monitoring security situations in and outside the hospital: Providing staff with prior notifications (early warning) signs of impending dangers and Security Situational Analysis
- Coordinating Risk Assessments to ensure sound Safety, Security and Fire Safety Risk Control and Management system in our premises
- Implementation of the agreed Service Level Agreements as per the existing departmental contracts: Ensure that Service Level Agreements with Departmental Contractors are achieved.
- Maintaining close liaison with the safety and security service providers as well as the government security agents including the police to ensure that breaches of safety and security are contained and controlled.
- To ensure that statutory requirements and licenses related to safety are timely obtained/renewed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Department Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Advanced training or certification in safety and security is preferred. MS Office – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, etc.
- At least five years of healthcare safety and/or security experience required.
- Experience or being conversant with JCI accreditation and audits is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Excellent telephone handling skills
- Excellent people-handling/customer service and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of safety and security protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Extensive knowledge of company security and safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Ability to conduct training and mock drills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision has initiative and is proactive
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously
- Good grooming and self-presentation
How To Apply