Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Constitution and Reform Education Consortium (CRECO)
CRECO is the premier Civil Society Consortium in Kenya working in the areas of Constitutional Awareness and Reforms, Civil Society Coordination and Strengthening, and Research, Documentation and Dissemination founded in 1998. We also focus on the provision of non-partisan and gender balanced information and skills to empower citizens, especially
those from marginalized areas including women and youth to enable them participate effectively and e‑efficiently in constitution implementation and reform processes thus contribute towards the creation of behavior and culture of constitutionalism in Kenya. For more information, visit http://www.crecokenya.org.
CRECO is seeking motivated and high performing individual to work in the Finance and Administration Department.
The position holder will have close working relationship with programme and administration staff in providing human resources and administration services and support. The HR & AA Assistant will be supporting the Finance and Administration Department in documenting staff performance reports, annual and other types of leave of absence from work, compensation and benefits information. The position holder will support in recruiting, hiring and training new employees. Other tasks will include posting job openings, gathering information on new applicants, contacting references, and informing employees of their hiring status. The HR will support the day to day administrative work, including front office management at CRECO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Finance and Administration Staff, support human resources and administration management as follows:
• Answering employee questions
• Processing incoming mail and managing outgoing mail
• Creating and distributing documents
• Serving as a point of contact with CRECO vendors and service providers
• Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data for staff
• Setting appointments and arranging meetings
• Maintaining calendars of CRECO Secretariat management team
• Participating in recruitment efforts of new staff
• Posting job ads and organizing CVs and job applications
• Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
• Collecting employment and tax information
• Ensuring background and reference checks for new employees are completed
• Preparing new employee files
• Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
• Administering new employment assessments
• Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
• Supports in processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
• Answering payroll questions and communicates resolutions
• Assists in maintaining current HR files and databases
• Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
• Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
• Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
• Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
- A first degree in an HR-related field
- A Master’s degree or other post-graduate qualification in Human Resources Management or Administration and Leadership will be an added advantage.
Experience, length and type
- At least three years’ experience in HR or Administration position in a non-governmental organization dealing with research and advocacy with a focus on democracy, governance, human rights and gender development and equity.
- PProven record in in working in a human resource department and managing staff records.
- Experience and skills in handling staff matters in an NGO setting.
- Experience in managing NGO
- Proficiency in Ms Word, Ms. Excel and Ms PowerPoint.
- Other attributes Team player, excellent communication, knowledge on solving Labour problems and social negotiation plus work place dispute resolution and report writing skills, facilitation/training skills, analytical, hard worker, integrity; results oriented.
How To Apply
Please e-mail your application to the Executive Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the title HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (AA) POSITION as the subject line. In your application, include a motivation letter (one page), recommendation letter from previous employer or previous/current supervisor (compulsory), Certificate of Good Conduct and curriculum vitae with three referees (maximum 3 pages). The application should reach us by 17:00 EAT on Friday 15th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. CRECO is an equal opportunity employer and does not solicit any fees for employment or internship opportunities.