Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The database administrator is responsible for ensuring high performance, high availability, integrity, and security of database systems within the KCB group entities. These databases will run on diverse technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL and other relational databases.
- Responsible for support of Oracle database systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the Oracle database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Setup and document database related processes and procedures for Business Continuity.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues with Oracle Engineered Systems by identifying workarounds and driving resolution.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production Oracle databases.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all Oracle databases.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for Oracle database systems in order to achieve required uptime SLA for mission critical applications.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 3 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Data guard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
The above positions are demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 15th October 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.