Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Accounts Assistant (2 Positions)
Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of specialist Doctors working and operating across the country
since 2010 under group–based practice model. We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii,
Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin–Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, and Bungoma.
We are looking to fill the following positions with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us at our various facilities;
Job Title: Accounts Assistant (2 Positions)
Reporting to the Accountant, the successful candidate will help the Accounts Department to do the duties
of accounting nature with the team in the delivery of services efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensuring effective administration of petty cash.
2. Proper handling of petty.
3. Petty cash disbursement.
4. Preparation of daily detailed cash analysis.
5. Daily posting of the cash sales in the QuickBooks system. Upon approval of the daily cash analysis by
the chief accountant.
6. Posting of petty cash expenses in the QuickBooks system.
7. Receiving hospital good/items together with procurement officer and head of user department. Upon
receipt of goods from supplier the Accounts Assistant confirms accuracy, completeness and
reasonableness of price, quality and expiry dates in cases of pharmaceuticals products by comparing
the suppliers’ invoice against delivery note and the hospital internal purchase order.
8. Posting of supplier invoices in the QuickBooks system. The posting of supplier’s invoices in the
QuickBooks system should be done immediately and Financial Controller should review the supplier’s
9. Raising the good return note; incases of any discrepancies of suppliers’ invoices and internal LPO in
respect to prices, quantities, damages or short expires the Accounts Assistant should immediately
raise a good return note and send it to respective suppliers the same day.
10. Surprise stock takes. The Accounts Assistant should regularly do random stock takes. The random
stock take report should be forwarded to chief accountant for further action in case of any variances.
11. Bank reconciliations. The Accounts Assistant must prepare weekly bank reconciliation report. The
report should then be forwarded to Financial Controller.
12. Posting of bank service charge and other bank related charges in the quick books system: the
transaction should be properly and accurately captured in the system.
13. Maintenance of fixed asset register: The Accounts Assistant should always prepare a detailed report
and update the fixed asset register as and when the hospital purchases capital assets. She/he should
capture the asset in the right category of the fixed asset register. The register should be forwarded on monthly basis to Financial Controller for review. The report should capture the location of each
asset, its current condition (either bad or good), serial number and its existence (is it available).
14. Preparation of consultancy fees (Specialists): the Accounts Assistant should maintain an excel sheet
analysis for all specialists. The specialist consultancy fees analysis should be updated daily. On monthly
basis the consultancy fee payable to specialist is presented to the CEO for further scrutiny.
15. Monthly stock take: the Accounts Assistant should be part of monthly stock take.
16. Budgeting process: the Accounts Assistant must work hand in hand with Financial Controller in
formulating the cash budget (cash flow budget) and pro forma financial statements i.e. pro forma
statement of comprehensive income, pro forma statement of financial position.
17. Liaise with internal and external auditors: the accountant should avail accounting information as and
when requested by the internal and external auditors when executing their duties.
18. Statement delivery coordination: the Accounts Assistant on a monthly basis should ensure all the
customers statements are dispatched on time. The overall responsibility of sending statements lies
with the accountant.
19. Coordination and payment of all hospital businesses licenses and permit: the Accounts Assistant should
always in advance advice the management on all annual business licenses and permits obligations
and when they fall due.
20. Filing of finance departments: all hospital documents should be properly filed on their right and
respective files. The overall responsibility of filling lies with the Accounts Assistant.
1. Degree/Diploma in Business Management Accounting Option.
2. CPA Holder.
3. Must be of high integrity
4. Comfortable with computer applications
5. Customer friendly.
6. Well versed in accounting applications e.g., QuickBooks etc.
7. Ability to multitask
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your
Application, CV, copies of your academic testimonials and other relevant documents via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title with the town name on the email Subject.
• We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
• Only candidates short–listed for interview will be contacted.
• Applications to reach us before close of business 8th October 2021.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”