Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
•To achieve profitability of the assigned supplier and distributor finance portfolio within PBB and CIB ecosystem through identifying opportunities for providing finance solutions related working capital finance, asset finance, term loans etc.
•To deliver value and growth for distributor and supplier financing, by driving and integrating the operational plans and strategic sales directives in alignment with the Business Banking strategy
Profitability and revenue management
- Ensured continuous clarity and timely co-ordination of the end-to-end processes to both Suppliers and Distributors and buyers.
- Manage the on boarding strategy to achieve the highest possible revenue results
- Build on and streamline the documentation of on boarding processes.
- Manage the buyer relationship and the intermediation between Suppliers and Distributors and the buyer on all Suppliers and Distributors finance related matters.
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Distributors banks to ensure that the clients received required priority interest in asset financing.
- Track and manage Suppliers and Distributors activity within the internal systems and oversight dashboards
- Coordinate and execute the on-boarding of Suppliers and Distributors for various Suppliers and Distributors finance programs.
- Proactively reach out to Suppliers and Distributors to promote the various supply chain finance programs and maintain program utilization.
- Handhold Suppliers and Distributors on the program to maturity.
- Successfully coordinate with back office teams (Operations) to ensure timely Suppliers and Distributors setups.
- Regularly work on Suppliers and Distributors analysis and other materials for client presentations.
- Manage daily buyer communication for important Suppliers and Distributors
- Conduct market research to identify potential clients.
Sales and service
- Leverage and optimizes people, resources, channels, business and risk controls in line with market potential to maximize business growth, retention and profitability targets.
- Develop and drive measures and manages the sales plan in support of the Business Banking sales strategic objectives.
- Identify leads within the ecosystems and direct to the relevant Business Banking relationship bankers and work with them to convert the leads to profitable business for the bank.
- Identify business opportunities and develops tactics/ sales plan to leverage these; and keep abreast of market developments and market potential, adjusting sales targets and tactics accordingly.
- Implement processes to monitor and manage Distributors and Suppliers’ capacity to leverage market potential.
- Manage the proactive sales calling program for distributors and suppliers, i.e. contact key clients (top 20 distributors and suppliers) in collaboration with the relationship bankers in order to understand customer needs, offer finance solutions with view to increasing volumes of business written as well as strengthening relationships.
- Utilizes MIS and work with Finance to review performance and profitability and to work with the relationship bankers in completing the CVCA and Sales Force tools in order strengthen the selling process.
- Drive a culture of service excellence by planning, monitoring and managing the implementation and continuous enforcement of service level agreements internally with interdependent business areas (e.g., credit, account maintenance etc., service standards and service initiatives) when servicing customers.
- Develop strategies and tactics to retain market share through improvement of existing service level standards and by ensuring that service tactics support the sales strategy.
- Attend to the resolution of customer complaints escalated through the relationship bankers as related to distributors and suppliers; resolve or direct customer queries accordingly (e.g. service, pricing etc.).
- Work with relationship manager to conduct root cause analysis to address and resolve customer issues; and to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct upskilling to relationship bankers about distributor and supplier market in order ensure the development of the required sales and service competencies.
Risk and compliance management
- Adheres to internal risk management requirements and external regulatory requirements (e.g. distributor license requirements) as per predefined requirements
- Conducts Know Your Customer (KYC) as per defined procedures and compliance requirements.
- Conducts a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when selling advances or giving product advice, in line with regulatory requirements.
- Completes disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission, in accordance with the KYC guidelines
- Conducts a needs analysis prior to opening new accounts or providing finance solutions recommendations.
- Adheres to all internal risk related policies and guidelines, including KYC.
- Keeps proper records in terms of local financial legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates a sound working partnership with Credit to stimulate business growth without compromising the quality of lending and risk.
- Ensures that the distributors and suppliers are informed in the general knowledge and application of bank credit principles and practices.
- Provides input and arbitration of credit decisions where required.
Key skills, knowledge, experience and personal competencies required
- Relevant business related tertiary qualification particularly in the Commercial field (Business flavor), e.g. business related degree qualification.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyze evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
- A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analyzed.
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyze financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- A good current knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are agric clients in the portfolio).
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to business banking customers (features & benefits) and pricing structures.
- A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements.
- A strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
- Negotiation skills.
- A good working knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date: 2021-10-06