Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is known for building strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Since 1976, Habitat has built more than 1,000,000 houses in nearly 100 countries, providing simple, decent, and affordable shelter for more than one million people.
Habitat also advocates to improve access to decent and affordable shelter and offers a variety of housing support services that enable families with limited means to make needed improvements on their homes as their time and resources allow.
What will you build?
The HFHI’s Africa Hub consists of a team of technical subject matter experts who focus on urban, land and housing policy programs, water/sanitation/hygiene (WASH), disaster risk reduction and response (DR3), and housing construction technologies.
The team is also responsible for leading various issues related to housing, human and settlements interventions from an integrated services perspective, providing technical and strategic support to Habitat for Humanity national organizations and partners in SSA.
As the Africa Housing Forum Intern, you will provide support to the Africa Hub.
This position will work directly with Habitat’s Director of Program Operations at the Africa Hub and other cross-functional teams across the organization.
You will learn from participation on a wide array of projects related to the Africa Housing Forum scheduled to take place from 21-23 April 2022.
- Undertake research on housing and human settlement related topics
- Support the documentation of case stories from NOs and lessons learned in the implementation of various housing related interventions
- Assist in preparation of materials and information for Africa Housing Forum related meetings
- Support the development of media articles and products as appropriate.
- Knowledge management (such as support in organizing Africa Housing Forum files)
- Assist the organization of the Africa Housing Forum
- Writing concept notes and blogs (e.g., from papers presented during conferences)
- With support from the communications team, prepare relevant communications materials (speeches, brochures, success stories, social media materials etc.).
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Fresh graduates in Urban and Regional planning, Architecture, Development Studies and any other related subjects
- Master’s degrees preferred
- Understanding of international development and related policies
- Experience managing social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Ability to conduct research
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
Location: Remote arrangement or in the Africa Hub in Nairobi as agreed upon with supervisor
Duration: Latest start 1st November 2021 to January 2022 (3 months) with possibility of renewal for another 3 months.
We invite you to join in this journey with us to address the urgent need for adequate, and affordable shelter.
If interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to EMEANairobiInfo@habitat.org
Due to the urgency in filing this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.