Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Branch Manager,Nanyuki
Reports To: Head, Retail Business
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
We are a leading Insurance Company, affiliated to the Liberty Group, a wealth management company represented in 18 African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom. We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
The role is responsible for marketing, customer service, public relations, operations, management and overall running of the branch. The role performs oversight functions to other core duties and staff within the assigned branch.
- Marketing strategy formulation and implementation for the region in line with overall company objectives
- Contribute to the development of operational policies for the achievement of corporate plans as stipulated in the Business Strategy
- Comply with and keep abreast of established policies, procedures, and applicable regulations in the branch operations for monitoring of business activities
- Lead in maintaining and improving customer service by implementing Heritage’s customer experience standards to achieve customer satisfaction
- Communicate management goals and objectives to staff through branch meetings
- Ensure staffs are well supervised, trained and developed to be technically competent to perform their duties
- Ensure that the Performance Management process is embraced and continuously carried out for effective and efficient service to our customers with a view to achieve overall company business goals
- Ensure branch profitability
- Manage direct/individual clients’ sales, corporate and intermediary sales
- Identify/ develop new business opportunities and intermediaries
- Achieve branch revenue budget and growth targets
- Management of renewals/ business retention
- Ensure recruitment, training and licensing of intermediaries
- Excellent customer service and complaints handling
- Manage credit control/ premium collection
- Maintain the Branch cash book
- Market research and intelligence
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and delivered promptly to prospective clients, brokers and agents
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Foster and maintain good corporate image through liaison with all competitors, intermediaries and the general public
- Establish and maintain a good relationship and high public relations with intermediaries and clients, including visitations
- Maintain close liaison with other departments in the Company.
- Ensure safe custody of the Branch’s fixed assets by maintaining an asset register and appropriate insurances
- Prepare timely, accurate, informative reports to management for decision making
- Advise the Head, Retail Business and the Management on issues pertaining to the business
- Attend all scheduled meetings to facilitate smooth operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Marketing or another business-related discipline
- Diploma in Insurance (ACII or AIIK)
- Member of CII or IIK
- 10 years’ experience in the insurance industry, 3 of which should be in branch management
- Good knowledge of Nanyuki region and the environs
- Sales and marketing skills
- Managing and executing strategy
- In-depth understanding of insurance operations and concepts
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures and concepts
- Insurance product knowledge
- Stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of intermediaries in the region and good business relationships with them
- IT literacy
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com by 13th October 2021. Clearly state the job title on the subject heading. Heritage is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.