Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20442
Job Title: Clerk of Works
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
Working under the guidance of the construction Manager, the Clerk of Works is responsible for construction and maintenance of all existing IRC buildings in Hagadera and supervision of new constructions in all sites in Hagadera.
- Oversee and supervise all construction activities for IRC in Hagadera
- Assist in identifying the right contractors for construction work.
- Assist in review contractors’ performance as per contracts awarded by IRC
- Keeping track of all construction IRC tools and equipment.
- Supervising of all incentive staff (maintenance team) and casuals working under him at any given time
- Assist estimating bills of quantity/ quotation for constructions and maintenance repairs
- Assist in identifying and procurement of construction materials
- Making sure that programs construction materials are received on site, kept safely, and always maintain track of the same
- Supervise the constructions, maintenance and repair works around IRC facilities in the field
- Supervise contractors on site and report on progress frequently
- Assist in prepare and submit monthly reports on repairs and constructions to the Construction Manager.
- Undertake any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas.
- Supervising all construction on field sites.
- Performing routine maintenance checks
- Supervising all maintenances incentive staff.
- Tracking all IRC tools
- Adhere to the IRC policy and procedures.
- Diploma/Degree in building, Construction Management, civil engineering or any other equivalent.
- Basic Computer skills
- AutoCAD computer skills added advantage.
- Good communication in English and Swahili
Required Experience & Competencies
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to live and work in an isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort.
- At least Three years’ experience working in any equivalent position.
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previously worked with an NGO.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.