Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Regional Risk and Compliance Adviser EA & Yemen (Open only to Kenyan Nationals)
At regional office (RO) level the Risk & Compliance (R&C) function has been tasked with supporting regional risk owners in their efforts to manage risks, working with Country Offices (COs) in the region to provide assurance to the regional management team on regional (COs) compliance within high risk areas/issues, promoting a risk management culture in the region through training and communication and contributing to the development of NRC’s R&C frameworks.
In the East Africa and Yemen Region, the Risk & Compliance Adviser is expected to work closely with country offices and regional programme & support specialists to identify key areas of programme delivery & reporting that expose NRC to risk and to work with them to design enhanced delivery & support mechanism that can reduce & manage risks over time.
As the role holder you will be expected to:
- Advise and support COs in implementing compliance improvement measures related to high-risk areas/issues (i.e. high tender value committee).
- Facilitate coordination among COs and the RO to respond to external audits initiated by institutional donors and follow up of audits recommendations.
- Operate a helpdesk function providing timely responses to technical questions from staff in the RO and COs;
- Support the Regional Head of R&C in providing assurance to the Regional Management Group (RMG) on COs’ compliance within high-risk areas/issues by facilitating their identification; conducting regular CO compliance checks on those areas/issues; and following up on recommendations from checks.
- Provide training, guidance, support to risk, and compliance staff in COs on their role and responsibilities and on the implementation of the Risk Management Framework, NRC’s approach to compliance, the Code of Conduct and complaints management;
- Support the development and revision of verification & compliance methods that other functions implement;
- Document lessons learned and best practices in the region’s R&C assurance efforts;
- Operate and maintain the systems to receive process and respond to complaints on NRC’s performance and staff behaviour from internal and external stakeholders in the RO;
- Support the technical supervision of R&C staff in COs by participating in their recruitment and performance management when requested.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- a minimum 3 years of experience from working as a manager in compliance, auditing or risk management functions in an international organisation or from working as senior manager in the humanitarian sector;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Risk or compliance professional qualification is desirable.
For access to the full job description please click this link.
What We Offer
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
- 12 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding and performance;
- Management Grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure;
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause;
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
10/14/2021, 04:36 PM
We welcome both internal and external applicants to be part of this recruitment process.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**