Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Provision of in-house legal advisory services, corporate governance services included but not limited to the management of board affairs and company secretarial support to the UAP Old Mutual Group.
LEGAL ADVISORY SERVICES
- Advising on Corporate and commercial law matters including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws on the Group.
- Carrying out legal research and preparation of legal opinions and reports
- Oversight over the registration, protection/enforcement and monitoring use of intellectual property.
- Providing legal advice and support for Human Capital and employment matters
- Review and monitor internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Provide guidance to the boards on new and developing corporate governance practices applicable to the Group.
- Develop and implement corporate governance initiatives and ensure compliance with all corporate governance polices across the Group.
- Development and implementation of directors’ development programs including induction and ongoing training.
- Facilitate the board evaluation process and implementation of action plans.
- Lead and coordinate board meetings including preparation of action point’s matrices, board reports and minutes.
- Develop and implement the annual rolling calendar and board workplans.
- Oversee the prompt registration of company and regulatory returns and filings including updating of directors files.
CORPORATE STRUCTURING SERVICES
- Advising, Tracking and reporting on mergers and acquisitions carried out by the Group
- Advising, Tracking and reporting on corporate and debt financing transactions
- Advising, tracking and reporting on corporate structuring transactions
REGULATORY AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS
- Development and support for the implementation of stakeholder engagement plans across the Group in line with the Stakeholder Relations Policy.
- Advising, tracking and reporting on Regulatory Engagements within the Group.
- Advising, tracking and reporting on for Regulatory requirements as well as emerging trends and issues.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation, communication and dispute resolution skills.
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal and governance issues.
- Collaborative team player and demonstrable ability to lead a team.
- Ability to apply strategic, analytical skills and good judgment.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya in good standing with over 10 years’ post-admission legal experience.
- At least five (5) years’ in Management.
- A Certified Public Secretary and a member in good standing with the Institute of Certified Secretaries.
- Computer literate and good understanding of standard office computer applications.
Bachelors of Law (LL.B) Postgraduate Diploma in Law and Advocate of the High Court of Kenya Certified Public Secretary (CS)
Bachelor Of Laws (LLB): Law (Required)
08 October 2021