Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Coordinator – African Genomics Program
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
African people are underrepresented in research and development, including genetic studies, and if not prioritized, global inequities in health will continue to grow. As an innovative health care company, Roche is channeling the company’s expertise, experience and collaborative mindset to address this challenge.
Through the African Genomics Program, Roche and its partners are working to correct the dramatic imbalance in global genomic data and catalyze the creation of an open databank of meaningful genomic data for all Africans. By revolutionizing how data is collected and shared at scale, we can address disease burdens in historically overlooked populations and prepare African health systems to take advantage of current and future health care innovations.
The Program Coordinator – African Genomics Program (AGP), is part of a cross-functional team working to advance the Program’s goals and to mobilise our people behind a common purpose and strategy.
You will work within the African Genomics Program Office, reporting to the AGP Lead and collaborate closely with an enabling team and subject matter experts who manage program strategy, communications, partnerships and data infrastructure.
You will assist in the planning and execution of internally focused project(s) from initiation through delivery. You will organize teams and cross-functional activities, ensure completion of projects and milestones within the program while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements, and may perform advanced and diversified administrative support for AGP workstream leads.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage AGP resources and budget, and monitor and keep internal and external stakeholders informed of AGP project progress.
- Develop and manage detailed project action plans for all AGP workstreams, in collaboration with three workstream leads (Program, Partnerships and Data & Infrastructure).
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of a small project or phases of a larger project in conjunction with business leaders within the team (e.g identifying appropriate resources needed, track progress of key activities, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project).
- Process contracts and any other related agreements, monitor service delivery and contractual KPIs.
- Coordinate and execute daily administrative tasks.
- Attend meetings with staff and outside parties, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Prepare budget and project reports as required.
- Carry out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner.
Furthermore, you will also be expected to demonstrate:
- The Roche Values of Integrity, Courage & Passion.
- Proven ability to work independently, managing multiple workstreams and effectively lead and enable change.
- Ability to set priorities and take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
Africa-based candidates strongly preferred.
Who you are
You’re someone who is passionate about global health and innovation, and inspired by making big, bold ideas a reality. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring the following capabilities and experience:
You are a strong leader and strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, who is able to:
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams, both within and beyond Roche.
- Thrive in our rapidly changing environment, charting a successful course for Roche.
- Communicate across seniority levels and ideally have experience communicating on ethical topics.
- Experience coordinating complex programs in a matrixed organization, preferably in the science/research/pharmaceutical sector.
- Cross-functional project management, including managing external partners, agencies and budgets.
- Proven leadership experience in non-hierarchical environment.
- +5 years of project management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in general business or science related field.
- Strong English language (written and verbal) essential. Additional French language skills are an advantage.
How To Apply
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.