Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Role
The Head of Product Electric cooking, position presents an exciting opportunity to roll out an innovative new cooking product into the market. This role will be responsible for all product-related matters. This includes, but is not limited to product innovation, product design, product development, project management and hiring and managing the team, as well as managing the strategic evaluation of technical implementation directions. The roles and responsibilities are all in the pursuit of the overall goal: Design and develop a viable electric cooking product for the east African market.
The role has two specific core responsibilities, and several additional responsibilities that will evolve throughout the duration of the position in line with the company’s roll out strategy. Each of the core responsibilities will have an associated team with a manager that will report to the HOPEC.
BURN has been developing, testing, and bringing to market new cooking products for 10+ years in Kenya. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing organization and contribute to a fast-moving company committed to improving economic, environmental, and social outcomes in East Africa.
We offer a role with significant responsibility:
Specific roles and responsibilities may change as the position, and the company, and the product, evolve. This is a flexible and demanding post with numerous associated responsibilities. The key areas identified are:
- Develop the product: The role holder will manage the development of the technology, the cooking product and related software. S/he will focus on the customer throughout the entire customer journey, and take care of all the related internal stakeholders.
- Managing internal design and co-development of the product with external suppliers
- Manage the engineering team:
- Hard-ware development (PCB and integration in the cooking product)
- Firmware development for the PCB
- Software development of backend, frontend, data warehousing and app.
- Technology Implementation: The role holder will be required partly in-house and partly outsourced and manage the implementation of any required third-party technology, to suit the local markets and fit the business model.
- Strategy: The role holder will work in collaboration with the senior team to ensure the product vision, business model and product are well aligned.
- Continuous product improvement: The role holder will innovate and improve the currently available solutions from a UI/UX and technical perspective. S/he will manage Product improvement with regards to user interface and functionality.
- Project Management: The role holder will be required to make detailed specifications/requirements and milestones for outsourced tasks and ensure that they are within set timelines, budget and costs. Manage supplier communication contracting and integration of results into the existing system and team.
Skills and Experience
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in EA, product management.
- You are a strong communicator, have always the overview over al moving pieces in your team.
- You have tremendous experience in managing divers’ teams that might span different time zones.
- You are a product person; a people’s person and you know how to set priorities and coordinate with all stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- You are not shy to ask questions and are always striving to deliver the best results, considering the complexity of the system and its requirements.
Compensation including benefits matching the level of the candidate
How To Apply
Qualified women candidates encouraged to apply
BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).