Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. Operational since 2011, Sanergy sells innovative, regenerative agricultural inputs – insect protein for livestock farmers and organic fertilizers for horticulture – as well as biomass fuel for local industry, all which are produced from organic and sanitation waste collected per year. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
We sell in over 30 counties in Kenya, and improve farmers yields and incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Corporate Affairs Director joins us at a critical juncture. As Sanergy ramps up expansion across Kenya, East Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa, we seek someone to ensure that we are able to operate seamlessly and with the full support of the governments where we operate. To this end, the Corporate Affairs Director focuses on building partnerships with key stakeholders, protecting Sanergy from reputational risks and strengthening the brand through strategic external communications. The Corporate Affairs Director also offers strategic direction for the executive team on where and how we expand and achieve our ambitious growth targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategy to engage key external stakeholders to ensure that Sanergy can operate effectively in its target markets.
- Develop and execute communications engagement strategy to ensure Sanergy can realize its business objectives. This includes ensuring the active promotion of our regenerative agricultural inputs, promotion of circular economy, and promotion of manufacturing in Africa.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders within government, municipalities, and industry promotion.
- Ensure that the executive leadership receives legal advice on risks and opportunities concerning legal issues.
- As the organization grows, manage and lead a high-performing team
- Serve on the Sanergy Leadership Team and drive to achieve Sanergy’s mission and values
- 10 years of experience with corporate and government affairs
- Strong experience in developing and executing on a corporate communications strategy
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-country teams with diverse professional development needs
- Very strong critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with large amounts of data to develop strategy and make rigorous decisions
- Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information; required fluency in English; Swahili highly desirable; French preferred
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE