Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East Africa use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Global Head of Marketing, reporting to CEO
We’re looking for an exceptional marketing leader who is excited about unlocking the potential of the informal economy and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year. You will be responsible for Sokowatch’s Marketing strategy and execution. You will help establish the brand, and lead all marketing initiatives to support Sokowatch’s overall growth and profitability. You are a proven leader with extensive marketing and business experience in Africa who can work across functions to drive brand visibility, improvements across any aspect of the business necessary.
Initial onboarding will take place in Nairobi, though the role can eventually be based in any of our current markets below
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Tanzania (Dar es Salaam)
- Rwanda (Kigali)
- Uganda (Kampala)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy across all channels to support company goals
- Full budget ownership of Sokowatch’s marketing department
- Own the full cycle of Sokowatch online ecosystem (website, social media presence, SEO, employer branding, PR) in partnership with 3rd party vendors
- Set and manage team OKRs
- Lead a performance-driven and motivated team
- Ensure brand visibility and consistency across all channels and marketing efforts
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments so as to expand market share
- Monitor ROI for all marketing channels and prepare monthly reports
- Support customer acquisition and retention
- Stay updated on market trends and incorporate new ideas into marketing plans
- Own all external 3rd party communications
- Use stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to the overall strategy
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience in marketing across all channels
- BSC or MSC in Marketing or related field
- Proven track record running successful marketing campaigns
- Experience in FMCG is an added bonus
- Experience with web analytics, and Google Ads
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about building brands from the ground up.
- Ability to work in a hyper-growth environment
- Extensive experience managing multi-country teams in Africa and collaborating across departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- French and Swahili language abilities a plus
How To Apply