Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda ,Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: IT Support Engineer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Sokowatch wishes to recruit a person to assist in local support in Kenya to support its IT Services and infrastructure i.e. Desktop, Systems Administration (basic application support), Network Support (LAN/WAN), Telecommunications, Power management (Uninterruptible Power Supply-UPS and Air conditioning-AC), IT Security Administration and Service Desk Function services, with the core objective of ensuring systems reliability and availability.
- Installation & configuration of basic applications such as Microsoft Office, Google chrome, etc.
- Provide daily IT support to all Sokowatch users across all the countries.
- Installing and configuring windows 10 on new and old laptops and PC’s
- Provided the 1st level end-user support on the core applications.
- Provide hardware and software support for DELL, HP, and IBM desktops, workstations and laptops, Kyocera, Konica, Epson, Tally, and Hp printers.
- Create, change, and deletion of user’s accounts per authorized request.
- Performing preventive and maintenance of Laptops, Printers, and PCs.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all hardware faults.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of H/W.
- Provide the first line of support and second-line support.
- Manage, configure and administer cloud Infrastructure such google.
- Liaising with vendors on delivery of ICT services.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Team viewer or Any desk).
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
How To Apply