Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Operational & Business Insights Lead
The person in this role is responsible for driving the adoption of a performance measurement framework that tracks the top-level metrics and allows us to iteratively define, measure, and track performance indicators. Through this framework, you are expected to determine incidental and causal drivers of seasonal and long-term business and operational trends and suggest telemetry necessary to monitor the health of the performance and business processes across Sokowatch.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Defines insights about what makes processes bad and experiences awful for customers within and outside of Sokowatch
- Define the levers that influence performance and the metrics that are useful indicators
- Establish the frequency of tracking each metric and how close to real-time we need these metrics
- Select and develop tools to enable us to track these metrics in the cadences defined
- Apply expertise to the analysis and synthesis of multiple sources of data
- Lead on cross-functional project teams to understand and apply research findings by framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/ practices to serve business and customer needs
- Distill findings into clearly articulated and actionable insights and strategies for stakeholders
- Defining standards and best practices for operational insights and analysis
- Uncover and ground whitespace and early-stage operational opportunities by leveraging insights and analysis
- Rollout performance framework and work with the leadership to align incentives to the outlined performance
- Rollout operational analytics to recommend initiatives that will improve the performance and efficiency of the business
What you need:
- Should be comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Ease dealing with ambiguity by taking smart and calculated risks whilst supporting others who do the same.
- Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
- Ability to lead activities to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
- Familiarity with business and financial modeling
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, with experience influencing senior decision making
Nice to have:
- A background in FMCG, Logistics or Fintech
- Proficiency in business case development in whitespace thinking – communicating analysis, customer trends, opportunity, and business impact grounded in insights
- Willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of the primary skillset.
How To Apply