Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: People and Culture Expansion Manager, reporting to the Global head of people
You will support expansion teams and managers by fostering the company values and culture while providing HR guidance. You hire the best and help nurture talent throughout the employee life cycle.
Location: Nairobi with 70% travel
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Onboarding process for all new employees in new regions
- Manage all employee records in a confidential manner, including recruitment and exiting records
- Performance management
- Management of employee benefits and welfare
- Have a deep understanding of new regions labor laws and practice.
- Providing guidance / advisory service on best HR practices category managers;
- Counsel staff on issues that affect their productivity;
- Ensure the organization chart is kept up to date
- You must be able to positively connect with all level staff and managers, gain and maintain their trust and confidence, as well as maintain confidentiality of all information that you become aware of during the execution of your duties;
- You must be organized, able to multi-task and deliver on multiple requests in a compassionate, legally compliant and timely manner;
- Assist in implementing any HR projects
- Coordination of office staff recruitment in new regions
- Undertake any lawful duties as may be assigned by the Global Head of People.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor in HR Management
- Strong in oral and written communication in English incl. interviewing skills.
- Good interpersonal abilities,
- Database management and record keeping;
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of the job requirements;
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver, public speaker, and customer services person;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions;
- Ability to conduct basic training for a group of employees (e.g. onboarding);
- Must love working with people
How To Apply