Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no distributors, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Software Development Engineer In Testing – L1
We are looking for an individual who has deep interest and passion for technology and loves products with zero bugs or issues, our philosophy is to build it, you break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at sokowatch. You promote automated testing as a core culture in the engineering organisation and write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate multiple codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You’ll have a huge impact on the quality of sokowatch’s growing suite of products and services and owning large scale systems while working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You also have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making, and excellent communication abilities with interpersonal skills.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products. You should be self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities and also have to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of highly talented and motivated QA engineers to deliver automation solutions with the highest quality.
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities
- Increase and maintain automation scripts using open source tools.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases.
- Take part in regression testing and follow STLC strictly.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet the day to day needs
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team
- Dig deep into any feature testing and contribute to automation of the same with minimal guidance.
- Be vocal about insisting on a good quality management process.
- Individuals with an experience of greater than 2 years into software testing and automation.
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science or Related Field from premier institutes.
- Ability to script and maintain automation code and framework.
- Good programming skills with Java.
- HandsOn experience with testing tools such as Jira, TestRail, Git, Appium, Selenium
- Strong expertise in writing test cases and documentation.
- Good experience in Functional & Automation Testing of software applications as well as backend services testing.
- Have a deep understanding of Manual & Automation test methodologies and principles
- Experience of working with Web, Mobile and API Testing.
- Should be passionate about exploratory testing and in-sprint automation.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills as this needs to closely work with remote teams spread in multiple countries.
- Should be a quality advocate.
- A team player who is willing to learn and mentor at the same time.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of B2B & B2C retail eCommerce
- App and web automation experience.
- Proficient with RDBMS & NoSQL Databases
- Driving Non-Functional Requirements
- An advocate of agile processes.
How To Apply