Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chemonics seeks a funds management associate for the FCDO Research and Innovation Systems for Africa (RISA) project in Kenya. The project aims to strengthen research and innovation systems by developing a portfolio of well-designed, evidence-based sub-projects in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Tanzania. The funds management associate will support administration of the RISA Fund, including supporting grant design, competition, due diligence, award monitoring, and grant closeout. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the development, implementation, and administration of the RISA Grants program
- Monitor grant disbursements and payment schedules, liaising closely with the Operations and Finance Manager to make grant payments in a timely and compliant manner
- Review grant packages and payment requests for compliance with Chemonics’ procedures and client regulations
- Participate and assist in grantee capacity assessments and participate in grant kick-off meetings to serve as a resource for any questions related to grant administration and compliance
- Work closely with RISA Fund management and technical teams in monitoring grantee compliance with financial management and performance obligations as stipulated in the grant agreement
- Ensure full compliance with corporate grants policies and applicable donor regulations, and manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals for grants, if applicable
- Assist in evaluating applications for grant funding, including preparation of written reports on the process of evaluation and results of selection, if applicable
- Contribute to the development of RISA’s grants manual and templates and update them as needed throughout the life of the project. Ensure grant manual procedures are followed and correct templates are consistently used.
- Ensure accurate grants forecasts are submitted to the client by maintaining a grants disbursement and reports tracking system/database and prepare frequent disbursements and financial reports
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports to the client on progress towards programme results
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a grants management roles, preferably for donor-funded development projects
- Excellent communication, and writing/report skills
- Team player with the ability to also work independently
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English required
- Kenyan work authorization or ability to obtain it required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Funds Management Associate” in the subject line to RISAhr@chemonics.com by October 12, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.https://chemonics.com/jobs/funds-management-associate-kenya-2021/