Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Communications and Knowledge Management Officer to help develop communications materials and organize communications and knowledge sharing activities of the work, outputs, and outcomes of the Accelerated Institutional and Food Systems Development (AIFSD) Program (AIFSD).
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Write, edit, illustrate, design, format and oversee production of a stream of public materials generated by the programs, including regular news and feature blog articles and more occasional program reports, policy briefs, brochures, posters, and multimedia products
- Populate program-specific blog sites with content, engaging with the readers of these blogs and with responders to social media content generated by the programs
- Help disseminate the programs’ messages and materials through CGIAR, and ILRI’s publishing, knowledge sharing and social media channels as well as more widely as needed
- Develop AIFSD website and content on relevant pages of ILRI’s main website and other relevant web portals
- Develop program-related materials, such as summaries of reports, updates of progress reports, staff profiles, feature articles and success stories
- Document meetings and workshops and manage the uploading of all relevant materials online
- Compile, draft and summarize internal reports as needed
- Assist Value Chain component communication specialists with media such as organizing journalist interviews and staff profiles, and disseminate key messages
- Ensure that program publications and other outputs are deposited and indexed in ILRI’s repository and contribute information as needed for ILRI’s online calendar of events and contacts systems
- Follow and keep abreast of CGIAR, ILRI and USAID communication guidelines
- Engage in ILRI and CGIAR related CKM planning and sharing meetings
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Program manager from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, or related field or 7 years of experience in lieu of masters
- At least five years of progressively advanced experience in relevant communications work with a focus on writing, editing, proofreading and design of materials for print and web
- Outstanding written, and excellent verbal, English
- Skilled in mainstream computer programs, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in supporting communications and/or media relations in the area of agricultural research for development is an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically and to develop and execute a strategic communication planning.
- Ability to read, understand and assimilate complex technical information to produce clear, well-written summaries
- Ability to present and package scientific information into various formats to suit specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Basic knowledge of and skills in desktop publishing, HTML, photography and photo editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and well within teams
- Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills
- Conversant in social media platforms and social networking tools
- Experience with process facilitation
- Ability to write/edit under pressure, with high accuracy and to deadline
Post location: The position will be based inmNairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 19 October 2021. The position title and reference number REF: CO/AVCD/10/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.