Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert to lead implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the FTF Accelerated Institutional and Food Systems Development (AIFSD) Livestock Value Chain (LVC) component.
AIFSD is a 3-year USAID funded project to be implemented from 1st Oct 2021 – 30th Sept 2024)” in the six counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit, Samburu, Turkana & Wajir. The MEL expert will work closely with the national and respective county governments as well as both the Partnerships for Resilience and Economic Growth (PREG) and non PREG partners. S/he will report to Livestock Value Chain (LVC) Manager and work closely with the County Coordinators.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Design and execute baseline stud(ies) and annual surveys to update AIFSD LVC project performance indicator.
- Continuously monitor implementation progress against project performance indicators/targets and carry out regular update of the M&E system and provide technical advisory to the implementing team.
- Develop and regularly update continuous monitoring and annual survey tools, including training of enumerators and maintaining data quality assurance standards across the project.
- Participate in the USAID data quality assurance (DQA) missions and other PREG meetings.
- Build the capacity of AIFSD LVC staff and partners on quality data collection, storage, and analysis, as well as understanding the USAID FtF indicators and set targets.
- Work with the Program Senior M&E Specialist and other AIFSD Value Chains’ M&E Officers to compile relevant data to feed into the USAID FtFMS system.
- Develop and implement the livestock value chain Annual Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP).
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly MEL reports, and liaise with AIFSD LVC technical staff and lead scientists to provide input for wholistic reports.
- Conceptualize, plan, and lead the implementation and reporting of AIFSD-LVC annual work plans and budget and support the monitoring of implementation.
- Participate in organization-wide activities and represent AIFSD Livestock Value Chain at various meetings or events (workshops, conferences), and trainings for capacity building of partners as directed by the livestock value chain manager.
- Work closely with the Livestock Value Chain Data Analytic Coordinator, to retrieve, compile and report on Livestock Sales from the 6 counties.
- In liaison with the livestock value chain (LVC) manager prepare contractual project reports and policy briefs.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the LVC manager.
- A Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Agriculture/livestock, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a field relevant to Development Assistance.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the field of M&E may be considered
- Proven experience in designing, collecting, analysing, and reporting qualitative and quantitative data, preferably in the context of development, agricultural research and natural resource management including both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (Ms-Excel), database management systems, Ms-Word, Ms-Power-Point, the internet, SPSS, R and/or STATA.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (Ms-excel), database management systems, Ms-Word, Ms-Power-Point, the internet, SPSS or STATA.
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 14. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 19 October 2021. The position title and reference number REF: MEL/AIFSD/10/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.