Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20489
Job Title: Nutritionist
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Working under the guidance of the Nutrition Officer. The Nutritionist will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of:
IMAM in nutrition clinics across the camp nutrition surveillance and assessment including Mass Screening, Promotion of Maternal infant, and young child nutrition (MIYCN through the Community Health Volunteers and MIYCN assistants. He/she will be responsible for day-to-day data compilation.
- Implementation of the nutrition response in nutrition clinics while ensuring adherence to the stipulated protocol.
- Implementation of outpatient therapeutic program of severely acute malnourished children under-fives.
- Implementation of supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant and Lactating women
- Implement comprehensive Maternal Infant and young Child nutrition and Baby friendly community initiative (BFCI) approaches
- Support capacity building and OJT for nutrition incentive staff and CHWs through identification of capacity gaps and supporting training.
- Support the systematic delivery of health and nutrition education messages to the community
- Monitor and review nutrition supplies and equipment movements such as deliveries, storage, transport, and utilization at the site level
- Offer nutrition support through counselling to individuals with medical complications including comprehensive care clinic clients
- Conduct Mass screening for children under-fives regularly in collaboration with community health volunteers.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition program weekly, biweekly, and monthly report of all activities implemented.
- Liaise with supply Chain Department in logistical program supplies, procurement and monitor supply control
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Hold a minimum of Diploma in Food Nutrition and Dietetics from recognized institution
- Must be registered with KNDI
- Minimum 1year experience within an INGO in implementing emergency community nutrition
- Experience of Maternal infant and young child nutrition with strong BFHI/BFCI approaches
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessment
- Proven analytical, communication/ negotiation skills and ability to think strategically
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
- Flexible and positive personality
- Strong planning and implementation capacity
- Confident and capable negotiator, communicator, and networker.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.