Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job title: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- Contact person for the external audit. Ensure that the required audit schedules are done in time and in the prescribed format to deliver an effective and efficient audit.
- Custodian of the general ledger. Need to perform frequent reviews on the general ledger, interrogate the various entries in the GL and ensure they are investigated, and corrective actions taken.
- At all times to ensure detailed review of the various processes in the financial systems and ensure the output in the GL is accurate, together with the reports generated thereon.
- Coordinating closure of the various processes done at the period ends, for example depreciation, forex run, Accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Ensuring that taxes such as corporate income tax, VAT, withholding tax are prepared and submitted in accordance with legislation and to laid down timelines.
- Reconciliation of the inter-companies within the Group and reconciliation of the inter departmental balances in Companies.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts with other existing third-party records.
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local & corporate policies, regulations, and tax laws.
- Custodian of company assets by maintaining a proper fixed asset register and movement schedule.
- Ensuring that inventory valuation has been performed on monthly basis.
- Liaison person with insurance company and ensuring that company’s assets are sufficiently insured.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the parent company, including consolidation workings.
- Preparation of the financial statements of the intermediary holding companies, including consolidation workings.
- Responsible for all the accounting activities of the parent company.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline
- CPA (K) / ACCA or equivalent professional qualification
- Strongly proficient in microsoft office: excel, word and power point and G-suite applications.
- Good understanding of the functionalities of a complex ERP system.
- Exemplary knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
- Experienced in preparing consolidated financial statements for a group with diversified subsidiaries.
- Good knowledge of tax laws, rules and regulations in Kenya.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with good report writing and presentation skills.
- Five years’ experience in a busy financial reporting role.
- Led an audit done by one of the big four audit firms.
- Team player.
- Attentive to detail in execution of tasks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08/10/2021.