Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC, and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Research and Development Mechanical Engineer.
The principal job tasks being as follows:
- Product Development, requirement elicitation and planning.
- Preparation of new product documentation.
- Interpreting production drawings and customer requirements.
- Support Sales teams in preparation of submittals for Industrial Projects.
- Quality control and assurance.
- Materials ordering, preparation, and usage monitoring for R&D projects.
- Leading Safety, Kaizen and 5S Initiatives within the department
- Coordinating complex/pilot projects implementation and new products testing.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Holders of Upper 2ndclass honours degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in using CAD software such as SolidWorks & AutoCAD.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings with ease.
- Integrity, hard work ethic and good presentation skills.
- Capable of effectively supervising a team of technicians and working with other teams.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in production planning techniques.
- Able to institute continuous improvement of production processes and products.
- Project management skills including the ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Smart Manufacturing and Industrial Automation is an added advantage.
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the water and energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for successful candidates. If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply for the role and before Friday, 22 October 2021.