Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a medical representative who can develop a medical network as a solid base for the success of La Roche-Posay – worldwide leader in dermo cosmetic products in Kenya.
The Medical representative will act as the key link between the brand and healthcare professionals (HCPs) with a focus on Dermatology. Your goal will be to increase awareness of our products and convince HCPs to prescribe them in their daily practice. Your second important goal will be to introduce the products to pharmacies (both wholesale and retail), stocking clinics and hospitals.
WHEN: available to start as soon as possible
WHERE: to be based Nairobi with regular visits to assigned upcountry regions
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
To indirectly boost brand sales through providing advice and recommending products.
- Scheduling appointments to call on HCPs (dermatologists, paediatricians, general practitioners, clinical officers, nurses, pharmacists, pharmaceutical technologists etc.) to introduce them to our products to encourage prescription thereof
- Highlight the formulas, their ingredients, and the corresponding efficacy tests and or studies
- Draw attention to the products advantages, medical instructions for use and dosages
- Provide the supporting technical/scientific documentation
- Represent the brand at professional medical events (meetings, conferences, CME, webinars etc.)
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCES
Medical Detailing Skills
- Targeting and segmentation follow-up with required scientific documentation and product samples
- Builds an interactive and customized dialogue with HCPs
- Capable of handling objections and obtaining prescriptions from assigned HCPs
- Creates and updates the medical database of KOLs and POS
- Knowledgeable in skin physio pathologies and the medical environment
- Knows our products and competition (formulas and patients benefits)
- Develops one’s local medical network
- Knows applicable regulatory constraints
Entrepreneurship on one’s territory
- Build a strong network of HCPs that results in good sell-out results
- Monitor and analyze the competitor activity to be able to differentiate the brand
- Keep accurate records and documentation for reporting and feedback
- Analyzes key performance indicators on one’s territory
- Implements and adjusts sectorial action plan
- Interact with the trade partners and build synergies to achieve set business objectives
- Develops prescriptions and counter training at the point of sales to hit sell-out targets
Collaborative and great at teamwork
- Develops competitive intelligence and shares this with the team
- Focuses on brand must-have projects according to the country strategy
- Participate in prospective task forces
- BSc. Degree and or Diploma in Medical or Biological Sciences oriented fields e.g. Pharmaceutical Technology, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory, Biochemistry, Nutrition etc.
- Proven work experience in medical/pharmaceutical sales both in Nairobi and at least one upcountry regions. Affinity for and or experience in dealing with dermo cosmetics is highly desired.
- Good knowledge of the medical landscape covering pharmacies, hospitals, clinics etc.
- Effective communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills with exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, time-conscious, pays keen attention to details, self-driven and can meet set objectives under minimal to no supervision.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, curious and flexible.
- Persuasive and resilient individual.
- Valid driver’s license.
N/B All applicants must legal be legally eligible tp work in Kenya.