Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
The HR organization of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe and Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organization.
The role is based in one of our key locations in (Nairobi, Kenya)
The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support center where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures, and locations.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
In this role, you will support the regional payroll organization, working with a matrixed group of stakeholders and vendors to ensure great employee experience and regulatory compliance from a payroll, time & attendance delivery perspective.
The role will be responsible for some of the countries listed below, experience in working with any of the countries listed would be advantageous:
As we prepare to go live with a new service delivery model and related technology and processes, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Analyze local legal, fiscal, and regulatory requirements across a group of countries and asses the need for process localizations
• Drive the end-to-end process review and uncover gaps between current and future model. Design local/regional solutions to manage these in the new model and support the creation of local action plans to implement the solutions
• Perform over/under payment and manage advance payments
• Manage pre-payroll, on-cycle payroll, off-cycle payroll processes
• Annual payroll reconciliation and new Payroll Year preparation
• Work with PPO and Legal to understand local legal framework, including tax advantages across a group of countries
• Social Insurance Tax Payment and Reporting
• Process payroll data
• Adjust basic time configuration of systems after initial implementation, as approved/required
• Track vendor deliverables on payroll SLAs via defined payroll metrics
• Be risk aware and help identify, report, mitigate and track risks in the payroll delivery process
• Integration of Workday with Kronos in APMT
• Participate in Time and Attendance initiatives including system upgrades, communication of changes to People Partners, testing and documenting all changes for historical and record retention policies, project support as needed
• Interface with People Partner/HRBPs to support employee/ manager queries
• Identify improvement opportunities in regional processes and raises them to global process managers
We are looking for
You are data, systems and process savvy in the Payroll, Time & Attendance domain and are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk.
• Solid experience (5-8 years) in Payroll, Time & Attendance processes, within a complex international organization.
• Strong knowledge of compliance and legal regulations for payroll & benefits across a group of countries.
• In depth country specific tax knowledge, social security, and pension knowledge across a group of countries.
• Basic accounting knowledge.
• Broader HR Operations experience as well as exposure to an outsourced payroll model would be a benefit.
• Ability to effectively engage and mobilize diverse local HR stakeholders and vendors.
• A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement.
• Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership, and setting directions with minimal guidance.
• Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing back from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it.
• Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
• Highly analytical approach with a strong eye for detail.
• Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope.
• Fluency in English.
Last application date: 24/10/2021
You have been reading so far, we’re are glad to see you are interested. If you could see yourself in this role and are keen to be part of the journey to establish a world-class Payroll Delivery function at Maersk, we look forward to hearing from you!