Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: SENIOR ENGINEER, ELECTRICAL (JSG 4)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 24/2021
Number of Posts: 1
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable; Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 169,800 – 227,600 p.m.
Work Station: NAIROBI
Date registered: 07-Oct-2021
Opening Date of Advert: 10/08/2021
Closing Date of Advert: 10/29/2021
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- – i. A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- – ii. Registered as an Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya or any other recognized professional body;
- – iii. A Senior Management Course from a recognized institution;
- – iv. Proficiency in computer application skills;
- – v. Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results; and
- – vi. Met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Supervisory Management level.
– Job Core Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Kenya;
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and maintain electrical installations equipment;
- Knowledgeable in regulations and guidelines for electrical works;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, implementing and maintaining electrical installations equipment’s;
- Coordinating installation and testing to ensure compliance with specifications;
- Performing detailed calculations and establishing compliance of installation standards;
- Inspecting completed installations and observe operations;
- Overseeing compliance to design and equipment specifications;
- Overseeing compliance with operational and safety standards;
- Preparing specification for materials and equipment;
- Reviewing electrical systems, product components and applications;
- Confirming systems and components capacity by design testing methods;
- Maintaining electrical equipment;
- Supervising electrical works;
- Carrying out feasibility studies and preparation of reports; and
- Ensuring compliance with the regulations and guidelines for electrical works.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal:
- Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.