Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: SUPERINTENDENT OF WORKS (JSG 6)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 26/2021
Number of posts: 4
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Work Station: NAIROBI
Date registered: 07-Oct-2021
Opening Date of Advert: 10/08/2021
Closing Date of Advert: 10/29/2021
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building, Civil Engineering, or its equivalent qualification; from a recognized institution; and
- Met the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Job Core Competencies
- Ability to supervise constructions works on site to ensure adherence to quality and timelines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying all relevant drawings and written instructions of ongoing works, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting ongoing work;
- Making regular, visual inspections of ongoing projects;
- Taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards;
- Ensuring that work is carried out to the Judiciary’s standards, specification, correct materials, workmanship and schedules;
- Supervising constructions works on site to ensure adherence to quality and timelines;
- Monitoring progress of construction works regularly and report to relevant officer for action;
- Confirming contractors’ valuations of on-going works and materials on site;
- Checking compliance with requirements of ongoing works;
- Ensuring contractors comply with health and safety legislation and bring any shortfalls observed to the attention of the Architect;
- Making regular building condition surveys and making recommendations for required maintenance works;
- Setting out new and remodeling works to ensure consistency with drawings;
- Supervising and guiding artisans on any works carried out by internal staff;
- Conducting routine checks of building equipment conditions
- Preparing accurate periodic site inspection and other work reports.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal:
- Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.