Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya (LWF) World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya-Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the overall inspection, receiving, issuing and dispatch of program supplies of the organization by ensuring the best material handling techniques and stock movement procedures are adhered to while safeguarding damage and pilferages of commodities for the purposes of value retention and distribution to intended beneficiaries to enjoy consumption of products planned.
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to LWF procedures
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials in all LWF stores in Dadaab .
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchasing orders, requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
- Inform suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials
- Prepare monthly stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic physical inventory checks
- Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies to the Logistics Officer
- Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
- Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant documents.
- Inform the Logistics Officer the expiry date of consumable items stored at the warehouse.
- Update stock and share it with relevant staff weekly basis
- Arrange truck and labourers for loading and offloading the materials at the warehouse
- Diploma in supplyy chain, operations, procurement and logistics or any other related program, Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Experience from working as a Warehouse Supervisor in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Desirable Skills and competences
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Team orientation.
- Respect for diversity.
- Monitoring abilities.
- Relationship building skills.
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies and adhere to Child protection policy. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.